Preparation of financial statements & legislation compliance.
Please down load our newsletter which covers
Business Rates on empty properties, Umbrella companies, CGT on sale of second homes and MTD for VAT
Please download by clicking here
- No tax announcements, although the Chancellor noted that “we have a responsibility … to return to a sustainable fiscal position”.
- Government borrowing projected to be £394 billion in 2020/21 before stabilising at around £100 billion from 2023/24 onwards. Total debt to remain over 100% of GDP.
- The Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) says that “a fiscal adjustment of £27 billion” will be needed as a minimum in the medium term.
- New UK Infrastructure Bank to be established in the north of England to start work in spring 2021.
- Public sector pay to be frozen for a year, other than for NHS employees and those earning less than £24,000 a year.
- National Living Wage to increase by 2.2% to £8.91 an hour from April 2021 and the minimum age at which it applies is reduced to 23.
- Overseas aid to be cut from 0.7% of GDP to 0.5% in 2021.
Full details are available by downloading the attached file Spending_Review_2020.pdf